Friends of 2 Rivers
A citizens' organization committed to promoting a safe, healthy and enriching environment for the communities at the confluence of the Clark Fork and Blackfoot Rivers.
Join the Missoula Native Plant Society for a weed pull at Milltown State Park. This is a great opportunity to see the new trails being developed - before they are open to the public - and to help out the newest state park in Montana!
BRING GLOVES AND YOUR FAVORITE WEEDING TOOL.
NATIVE PLANT SEEDS AND PLANTS WILL BE GIVEN TO VOLUNTEERS! :-)
Meet at the Milltown State Park Overlook, just off Deer Creek Rd. (map) to learn about the park and the invasive weeds that we will be helping to control along the new trails that are being developed in the park.
1. Purchase locally grown, organic food.
2. Use baking soda, vinegar, and water mixtures for household cleaning.
3. Carry resuable water bottles with you to work and on errands.
4. Reduce your meeting travel - try video conferencing instead..
5. Bring a "green lunch kit" to work to reduce waste from disposables.
6. Consume seafood only from sustainable sources.
7. Use fair-trade, organic health and beauty products.
8. Commute by bike to reduce your carbon emissions.
• BAD NEWS: Atmospheric CO2 concentration has been increasing at an accelerating rate: 315.70 ppm in March, 1958; 397.83 ppm in January 2014; 399.85 ppm in January 2015. The world’s atmospheric scientists have established 350 ppm as the level beyond which increasing climate change would occur.
• GOOD NEWS: Recent agreements between the U.S., China, and India offer new hope for reducing carbon emissions and limiting the climate changes that have already begun.
If you haven't made it to any public screenings, you can view this 38 minute movie here.
Thanks to MELT (Montana Elders for a Livable Tomorrow) for sharing this link.